You can't have a life if you're chasing a man. So, you need to do something more productive with your time. However, I realize that it's hard. Even though I'm a seasoned pro by this point, sometimes I still get anxious if a man isn't reaching out to set up a date.
So, what should you do? Turn off your phone and try these ten (more productive) things instead:
- Exercise! Go for a walk or swim. If you don't want to leave home, try doing Blogilates or Yoga With Adriene. I'm a HUGE fan of both and always feel better afterward. However, anything works- just get moving.
- Meditate. There are a lot of apps and meditation resources on Youtube. I'm not always good at this but, I usually just Google a quick meditation and do the first one that pops up.
- Read a good book. I try to re-read a little bit of The Rules daily and notes from my coaching course. But, I'm a big fan of leisure reading. I'm currently reading "He's Just Not That Into You" and just finished "Howl". If you can't think of anything to read, I'm a published author as well and my books are pretty quick.
- Do something creative. Even if you aren't a writer, artist, musician, or other creative type, you can always attempt a craft on Pinterest. Honestly, most of my crafts fail and are pretty ugly but, it's better than calling him. Plus, you never know- I made my own perfume about a week ago and it actually smells pretty good! So, you never know.
- Phone a friend. Better yet, go for a walk while talking to a friend. Why? You're having a great conversation AND sneaking in a work out at the same time.
- Book a consultation with me. If you can't resist the urge to call him, you can book a Skype or email consultation and I can convince you not to call him. This applies to texting, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and anything else as well.
- Organize. This can be oddly soothing. While not perfect, I like living in an organized space and am turning into one of those people that's obsessively organized. Even if you aren't like this and don't get into it like I do, just go through your desk and start organizing it. Put all your pens, papers, etc. together. It may not be fun now but, will pay off later. Plus, you will get so into it that you will forget about him. When I start organizing, I put on some music and lose track of time.
- Clean. Even if you're a neat freak, cleaning never hurts. Put on some music and start scrubbing! Similar to number seven, it's great mindless work and your house/apartment will thank you for it.
- Work on a project that needs to get done. This can be anything- whether for work, school, or yourself. Even if you don't have a project now, you probably will later. So, why not get a head start now?
- Play with a pet. As many of you know, I'm a huge animal lover, the neighborhood pet sitter, and have two pets of my own, a cat and a chinchilla. Playing with them always relieves stress and snuggling with an animal will help you forget about him.